Life is stressful sometimes, we can’t get around that. So it’s important to practice self care as often as possible. And self care can be about the simple things you enjoy. Simple things that make you happy. So I’m sharing some 30 simple ways to practice self care that you can work on each day.
So what is self care?
Self care is all about identifying the things that you need in order to nurture your mental, emotional and physical health. It seems self explanatory, but so many people forget to focus on their own needs. It can become so easy to put everyone else first and to forget to focus on yourself for a bit.
Self care is not selfish. It is something that is needed for you to take better care of yourself. Without it, you can easily become worn out, stressed and filled with anxiety. Life can sometimes become overwhelming, so it is completely fine (and necessary!) to spend some time on yourself.
30 Easy Ways to Practice Self Care
- Find a quiet, comfy place and meditate
- Learn to say NO to things that doesn’t serve you
- Treat yourself with the same kindness and compassion as you would others – learn to forgive yourself for small mistakes
- Listen to your favorite song or playlist and put it on repeat
- Learn to accept compliments without embarrassment, guilt or negativity
- Spend time with your loved ones
- Practice gratitude daily – take note of all the small things in your day you are grateful for
- Do something creative each day
- Don’t attempt to do everything yourself, let others know if they can help
- Stop criticizing yourself, become more aware of you the things you tell yourself
- Go hiking or join a walking group
- Play with a dog or cat (or any pet animal)
- Learn to fly a kite or take up a new sport
- Reorganize your room or closet
- Go dancing
- Start doing yoga
- Go to bed early and get enough sleep
- Make healthier food choices, give up soda and drink more water
- Get 15 minutes of sun, especially if you live in colder areas
- Take a long hot shower
- Start journaling, write out your thoughts
- Read a book
- Take a break from social media
- Listen to calming music
- Turn off your phone
- Help someone, it will help you feel good too
- Plan a mini holiday for your next weekend
- Create a zen space for yourself where you can relax
- Go through your closet and donate all the clothes you don’t wear anymore
- Try some adult coloring to release stress and anxiety
I hope you enjoyed this post on ways to practice self care and that maybe you got a few new ideas. Let me know in the comments below.
And remember, self care isn’t just for some of us, but for all of us. Everyone should take some time to take care of themselves. So use some of these ideas and remember to practice self care daily. In a few weeks, you’ll see how different you feel!
You might also enjoy this post of 15 bad habits you need to break for a happier life.
Don’t forget to pin these ways to practice self care!
If you enjoyed this post please pin it to your self care board on Pinterest or share it on your favorite social media platform. I would be so grateful!